Financial Institutions and Credit Transactions
Financial institutions have always featured prominently among Sasser, Sefton & Brown, P.C.’s clients. The firm’s attorneys have a long history of representing financial services companies and are experienced in working with a variety of banking institutions ranging from large regional banks to local community banks, from national banks to state banks, farm credit institutions and from thrifts and savings banks to internet-based institutions. The members of our this practice group also represent non-bank financial services companies, including insurance companies, mortgage companies, finance companies and financial divisions of manufacturing companies. The firm provides regulatory compliance, general business (including commercial and residential real estate loan closings), collections and litigation services to our many financial services clients.
Our attorneys routinely assist banks and other financial institutions with compliance issues under federal and state laws and regulations. These compliance issues include the following:
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
- Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act of 2009 (Credit CARD Act)
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Privacy Requirements (GLB)
- Fair Housing Act
- Fair Lending
- Insurance Licensing and Regulation
- Broker-Dealer Compliance
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
In addition to providing advice on regulatory compliance matters, our attorneys have assisted financial institutions in establishing and revising compliance programs and have provided client training on regulatory compliance issues.